3/06/2012

Emilia's School Schedule

Back in this post, I mentioned that I don't plan out what we're going to do.  Instead, I write down what we've done each day as a record keeping system.  This plan worked for awhile for us, but I've recently switched to something new for my fluent reader.

Emilia was not enjoying school very much and would complain a little every day about having to get her assignments done.  She also had no idea what we were doing for the day because it wasn't posted anywhere, except vaguely in my brain (which apparently doesn't count).

Something had to change.

I found a student planner at a thrift store for 25 cents, so I got it out to see if we could incorporate it into her days.


This has been a LIFESAVER.

She's only been using it for (going on) 2 weeks, but I can't believe the difference in her attitude toward school.  She has a little bit of control by knowing what needs to be completed and being able to choose the order in which to complete her tasks.

At some point over the weekend, I plan out the week for both Jonny and Emilia (I have Jonny's assignments written in my planner - he'll get his own when he's able to read more fluently).  It's only taken me 30 minutes or so to figure out a whole week of organized school work.

Breakthrough!

I've been praying about scheduling and organizing because I'm not the best at this.  You should see my desk right now...it's a mess.  But the Lord has been helping me become more organized over the years, not for organization-sake, but for His sake.  I can more effectively serve Him (by serving my family and others) if I'm a little more organized than I have been in the past.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking. I may not always answer, but I appreciate your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...